After the conquest of the Ionian coast, from Butrint to Vlora, Ali Pasha took care to build several castles in this area as well. But Ali built a solid castle in Porto-Palermo, which is still in good condition. Perched on a strip of land that extends deep into the sea, it has a triangular shape with three sharp bastions at the corners and a courtyard that opens on the west side between two bastions. But unlike the castles described so far, that of Porto-Palermo is completely covered and on the parapet surrounding the terrace are opened many turrets for balls. Inside there are numerous halls, warehouses and alcoves. A pair of stone stairs, built in the center, to climb, to the terrace through a quadrangular opening, left there for this purpose. All alcoves are covered with stone vaults. Particular care has been taken to protect the entrance, located between one front, between two bastions. From the inside, it is controlled by the rifle turret wall of a side alcove; also a turret wall is built on the inside, opposite the entrance. In the bastions and in the corners of the courtyard, on the west side, there are about 5 observation posts for the guards. XIX, who visited this castle in 1799 and 1804, the French consul Pouqueville and the English colonel William Martin Leake. The most detailed descriptions of the castle and the bay in question can be found in the French consul. Pukëvili, who touches the Albanian land in Porto-Palermo for the first time, writes that: “The bay or port of Palermo has an exit about a quarter of a mile between the rocky points, where the sea collides furiously. The castle is located at the southern point of entry and connects to the mainland with a low and narrow belt. It consists of a square with several fortified positions, with some balls, in the vicinity there are some warehouses, a house that serves as a customs and a church. monumental entrances as well as for horizontal frames of plain stone. The thickness of the walls is 4 m. It has regular geometric shapes of planimetries, equal height of towers and curtains and their sloping fall on the outside, starting from their upper part; the dominance of the polygonal shapes of the towers and the creation of the turret parapet. The covered castle withstands the weight of the terrace, changing interiors covered with a cylindrical vault.