The church is built on the highest point of the village, on the north-west side and near the castle walls. The church consists of the narthex, the nave and the altar environment. The walls of the church preserve the stone of numerous reconstructions. A document from 1577 confirms that the church was burned and rebuilt. It has long served as the seat of the Himara diocese. The church has two main construction phases; The initial construction belongs to the nave with the lower parts of the walls, because the upper parts have been built several times. The narthex is a later construction and the construction technique proves it. The nave area is separated from the altar area by a wall iconostasis, with frames decorated with floral motifs. The naos is entered through an entrance on the west side connected to the narthex, and one on the south side that leads to the churchyard. The fresco of the church is more fully preserved on the inner sides of the large semicircular apse. In its southeast corner is the bell tower about 6.10 m high. At the northern entrance of the narthex is a vaulted wall, in which 4 eagles are carved. The old church walls are built of medium and small sized limestone. Only the corners are squared. The peculiarity of the old wall is the presence in it of pieces of tiles, placed one on top of the other between the stones or in short rows between the rows of stones. On the northeast side of the church was a stone tablet with the date 786 written on it, which has already been stolen.