The Church of Saint Mary of Athali was built on a hill about two hours east of the city of Himara. It was built in 1795. The church is of the basilica type with three naves, with internal dimensions 10,10×5,10 m. The naves are divided by arches over the columns. The church has regular masonry, with corners and frames made of hewn stone. The masonry of the apse was also worked with hewn stones, which ends with a stone frame, all in a row.