The name of the town of Paramythia probably came from the Monastery of Panagia Paramythia, also known as “Great Church” (or Holy Monastery of Panagia Epamythiotis). It was built in the second half of the 13th century, southwest of the city, with newer additions (narthex, exonarth, a northern side, bell tower, etc.) in the 19th century. According to the church, it was founded in its present form in 1960. Its katholikon belongs to the press of the Cross-Cross Cross-enriched with a narthex and with an outdoor ceramic decoration. The temple is built upon the bricklayed system with a ceramoplastic decoration on the faces and two built-in inscriptions, one informs us of the renovation of the temple in 1858. Mosaics There are no, rumored to have been covered in order not to be destroyed by the conquerors at Duration of the Ottoman domination and subsequent to the Second World War. ). On delivery, in this preserved remains, the remains of Agios Spyridon and Agia Theodoras, on their route from Istanbul to Corfu, just before the fall. There he also was the relic of Saint Neomartyr Anastasiou of Paramythia (1750), while until the 1960s he operated as the Cathedral of Mitropoleos. There were many patients to consolation there, hence its name, as the term “fairytale” in ancient Greek has the concept of consolation, relief, support. ). Today, the building’s building complex around the temple does not save, rather than minimal ruins. Two fountains were rescued, and by the heirlooms a paier gospel and a golden epitaph, built in a Meteora Laboratory in 1587, by Monk Arsenio. In the same area there is also operating the cemetery of Paramythia. It continues to accept many visits and is for the city reference point.