About 3 km from the village of Ag. Vlaosis Located “The Monastery of Taxiarches” (the old name of the village). The Monastery is also known as Ae-Michalis or “Calls Madda” – that is, “Great Church”. The term “blister” refers to the Albanian accent of “Agios Vlasios”.
It was founded in the 17th, with a predominant year of foundation, according to Muslim, in 1637. The old monastery is only saved by its latest katholikos and a few ruins around it. The walls consist of calmly squared squares, without wedges and smaller stones, that is, Lodomic art and construction, while over each line of stone passes double purse. ). On the outer side above the niche of the sanctuary there is a clay possessive inscription. Suggested activities:
“Close to the Monastery of Spring Taxiarches (10 ‘on foot), there is the new chapel of Ae-Donatos (up there a car), built, as it seems, in the ruins of old, dedicated to the same Saint, Church. Between Ae Donato and Ae-Michalis there is a basement cave, with a very narrow entrance, which, from a stalactites tunnel, leads to neighboring Kalama (old sink?). According to the feast of the Maine, the youngsters of neighboring villages follow the path of this basement, seekers, from metaphysical curiosity, of course, Archangel Michael’s Archangel for the Lower World! ” (“Kamaroulias, 1996” in D. Igoumenitsa, 2021).