The Holy Monastery of the Assumption of the Theotokos of Gormer is located in the northern part of Thesprotia, in the province of Filiates, at an altitude of three hundred meters on the western slopes of the Petrian Range Pharmacovo, near the Greek-Albanian border. Regarding the name of the monastery there are many views and several times to date, its writing has changed, the predominants that are the combination of the words “Gero” or “Sanctuary” and “Part”. It was founded at the beginning of the 14th century (1310-1320), in the era of the Despotatos of Epirus, from Osios Nile, Erigiotis and was one of the most important monastic centers in Epirus. Chore a headquarters of patriarchal departures and Episkopi with a twelve villages of the province and the city of Filiates in its jurisdiction and its greatest prosperity, in the middle of the 16th century, according to Theodosio Zygomalyalas, numbered about 300 monks. “Since the beginning of its founding, he resolved in the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, as patriarchal and crossward and later (18th century) as a headquarters of patriarchal departures. In 1800, the monastery became the seat of the Epistonio Episkopios, subject to the Metropolis of Ioannina, with the same extent in its jurisdiction. Since then, and until 1895, it was definitely abolished, had various alternations, sometimes Episkopi and sometimes departments. In 1928, with a decision of the Patriarchate, Greece was granted to the autoclache Church of Greece and today belongs to the jurisdiction of the Holy Metropolis of Paramythia, Filiates, Goyburg and Parga. Great, was the offer of the monastery in the area of Thesprotia across its long history, contributing to the preservation of the national and religious consciousness of the inhabitants. Characteristic was the functioning of the hidden school and the priestly school, in the monastery. Still, with the actions of some exemplar and at the expense of the Monastery, schools were operating in some of the villages of the region. ” The Katholikon is a temple of a four-star cruciform registered after a dome, built in the 14th century and renovated in 16th (1568). It is adorned with excellent Byzantine frescoes of the 16th century and populars of the 17th century. The gold-plated iconostasis, excellent sample of woodcarving is built in the 19th century. Several heirlooms, such as images, manuscripts, palatotypes, are preserved, Tained.