Historic listed monument, former monastery, year of build unknown, in its present form is probably the 16th century. It was renovated last 1865. The Monastery is built on the left of the road of Igoumenitsa to Sagiada, near the homonymous village, is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and was founded – probably – during the Byzantine Empire. According to Surveys of the Ephorate of Antiquities, the exact date of the monastery remains unknown. Various traditions that place it at 920, according to an inscription that existed above the exterior door of the temple or on Manuel Komnenos (1143-1180) or in the years of Michael Palaiologos (1261-1282). He looted many times on Ottoman domination. The biggest disaster experienced, according to Michaelides, in the middle of the 16th century, while Muslimis describes the slaughter of the abbot and monks at 1725. ). It is clear that due to a position plundered many times. However, “there was a rich monastery, which at the time of his acne was in possession of significant sacred heirlooms and great real estate, including fertile plain in the Kalamas River Delta, while maintaining about 150 monks, maintained many schools and had a rich library. In a 1703 manuscript, it becomes defining its borders, while in 1865-1866 one of his latest renovations from the pione of Filiates abbot of the monastery nathylal. Today, the Catholic special architectural type is preserved, with pronaos, dances (where the priests are standing) and mainly temple, which carries a small dome. “The interior is painting with frescoes, which have suffered significant damage from the last fire that hit the temple. The history of the fresco decoration in the Katholikon is attributed to a workshop of Zografos Michael from the Linotti of Kastoria and follows the established types of the painting of A half of the 17th century. The iconographic decoration includes performances from the wider circle of Christ and the Gospels, such as the scenes of the Dodecar, the passions, parables, the Aigon. These iconographic types coexist with issues that are derived from the Late Palaeological Delivery. ” “The Sacred Step communicates with two small dark spaces that served as valves”. Still, a portion of the wing of cells as well as other auxiliary spaces is maintained and is visited throughout the day. WITH THE YRA 7828 / 7-5-1965 – Government Gazette 404 / B / 6-7-1965 has been declared a historic listed monument.