“It was built around 1.000 BC. And it is among the two historic rivers, Acheron and Kalama. 10 kilometers away from Egnatia Odos, the city is built on the southern slopes of the magnificent scenery of the rocky mountain Goroyla and imagines imposing across the area “Suggested Activities:
• Visit local attractions, Kulias Tower, and then use the designated path for uphill to the Castle of Paramythia (St. Donatos Castle). • Visit the Temple of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
• Finally visit the clock tower. It is located at the top of a tower in Paramythia and dates back to 1750. It was built by Opus Credum de Poliz. Instead of using a metal spring, its movement is based on uniformly unwinding a thin rope whose end is tied to a stone hanging. The clock does not have markers, just hits a bell when the time is exactly, corresponding with time times. It is unique in its kind, there is no other similar.
• Visit the Hero Mountains of Souli. From Paramythia, head to Sweet and Acheron. Shortly before you reach the sweetie, follow the sign for “Souliotohoria”. The periphery of the Souli consists of the villages of Souli, Awarikos, Kiafa and Samiada and that’s why all together were called Fourth (four villages). Subsequently, the Region expanded to the surrounding villages of Tsakouri, Petra, Vilia, Alpochori, Gark, Gandila and Tsifliki, which form the location of Estagariou (seven villages) (Route 75 kilometers per direction – total 150).
• Visit Kiafa Castle
• Visit Kiati and Ancient Elepa.
• Appetite for walking in nature Do you have? If so, the view from various points on the “Neochori – Petiani” trail will compensate you. “A separate course, with highlights in the past and in particular physical elements. Start from the footprint of the Egnatia Road Bridge, Neochori. Right and left hamlets that only the name report shows the mosaic created by tribal passages and blend.
Upload to the top of the club, 956m. In the middle of Essprotia where in our feet the Natura 2000 protective zone lakes and the Mourgana Mourgona Mountains and the Mountains of Paramythia, spaces and those acceding to Natura 2000 network. We see all cities of the county and we see the Ionian. Small respite. Then after the passage pass from Nana – Kiapa Salley – Sai and Shannia we arrive at the end, in Damari. A total distance of 25 km. And duration around 7 hours “• And a variation or one another proposal / stop. East from the top of Klliaki, in the middle of Mountaineering Route Neochori – Petiani, visit Kikas Cave. These are a fairly large cave with impressive stalactites and stalagmites. According to Mr. Muslimis during the Stone Age was a burial area. There have been various professions, scattered throughout the area • Souli celebrations, the last May weekend: It is a two-day event in memory of the Souli Games for Freedom. “It includes cultural events in the town of Paramythia and representation of Koukius’s blasting by Koma Samuel to the Sulfius Sanctuary. The events honor a multitude of visitors from all over Greece “• A large traditional Bazaar – Marking, for many most of Epirus, is held every year from the first Sunday of October and for a week, in Paramythia Thesprotia. The so-called Lambavos gathers exhibitors from all over Greece and numerous visitors • in respect of fairytha, the “Aloniada” takes place every August. This is a series of events on life in the countryside, among other things, there are relevant thematic reports. Old farm objects, folklore material and agricultural products, revive rural work such as e.g. The threshold and many more events. • Every first week of July The Environmental and Mountaineering Association of Paramythia organizes the “Tea Road”. Radiation of the Gorilla Mountain, for the pick-up of tea. Those involved, if they want to gather tea, without, of course, destroying the plant and “return to the Castle of Vellianis await them traditional cold water, tsipouro, bread (fisturi), olives and cheese” • Come for carnival but also Koulouma • In Paramythia and not only, overlooking Acherontas River you can try parents.
• At the Grikka track, Ai-Lia position, the site is suitable for experienced paragliding users as a good control of the parachute is required. The orientation of the track is West – Northwest, is located 570 meters from the sea level and the altitude difference reaches 380 meters, while the take-off area reaches about 15 * 20 meters with grass and landing is done in large fields. The track is also suitable for dynamic and for a thermal flight • On the sweet scale, the space is also suitable for beginner users paragliding, with potential tensions in the afternoon hours. The orientation of the track is South, is located at 730 meters from the Sea level and the altitude difference reaches 680 meters, while the take-off area reaches the 40 * 50 meters with grass and gravel and landing is next to the river in soil or in farmland • On the Panta Panagia, the space is suitable and For beginner users, however, with potential tensions in the summer months and afternoon mainly hours for potential. It is suitable for experienced users as good control of the parachute is required. The orientation of the track is West – Northwest, is at 300 meters from the sea level and the altitude difference reaches 200 meters, while the take-off area reaches about 45 * 40 meters with grass, while landing is done in large fields ( It is also recommended to prefer animals without animals) • In Paramythia, at Gorilla, space is suitable for beginner users parents, but likely, however, landing in the afternoon mainly hours and powerful thermal near the rocks during the summer months. The track orientation is South – Southwest, located at 830 meters from the sea level and the altitude difference reaches 680 meters, while the take-off area reaches about 30 * 20 meters with soil and grass, while landing is done in large fields (It is recommended that the Heres are preferred and it is noted that in some places there are power cables that are however remotely)