Sivota is one of the most popular resorts of Epirus, likened to the Caribbean, given their natural landscape that combines islands, green to coastline and turquoise, crystal clear waters, but also with Monaco, given the cosmopolitan character that They give vessels that flock to the area. It is a region with a rich history, starting from 433 BC, with the Sivota naval battle, between the Corinthians and Corfu, take place in the context of the Peloponnesian War, near the area and the small islands of Sivota to be identified with those in the history of Thucidides. During the Greek Revolution, it operated as an Ottoman naval base. He finally came to the Greek state during the Balkan Wars. In August 1944, he was held in the area between the rebels of the EDAs and the possession forces [Zervas, CCP] that led to the occupation of two German petrolfields. During the Ottoman domination, the village was named Mourtos, as he was named after a military commander of Ali Pasha, while the name Sivota was adopted only in 1959. • Significantly the cultural attractions of the area such as the Monastery of Agia Paraskevi, built in the 1884 Lighthouse of the island of Black Term as well as the ancient settlement of the rocket, as well as Polyneri (Katsi) that definitely deserve a visit.
• As for natural beauties, their watermen, and in particular the beaches of Little and Megali Ammos, Bella Vacu, Zavia, Swimming Pool, Zieri and French Molos are all special and join each other through an idyllic landscape with orchards and Forestly green hills on the beach French bay even ends the so-called and path of lovers.
• Many features are provided to guests for sea rides. The islands (Agios Nikolaos, Black Term & Mouretes), as well as the isolated beaches of the region are offered, as access by boat is suitable. Depending on its desires and capabilities, one can enjoy from a private cruise, up to a sailing boat, boat or boat with or without a guide. There are organized, semi-organized and completely unorganized beaches so ask before you start and equate accordingly.
• The area is also offered for diving. ). Experts promise beginners and advanced a unique experience. This is an area where the largest depth reaches 120-140 meters, the visibility reaches 25-35 meters and there is no particular currents, while water temperature is usually between 19 degrees Celsius in May and 25-26 July-August. The bottom in Sivota is worthy of the wealth of the Mediterranean, indicatively metators (or Kalogles), slugs (mainly Pink Flampellina and Spotted), Ernivalerina, Loutsi, Myrins, Octopus, Squid, Breaks, Lamps, Hellas, Hippopotamus, Vacuums, Centers, Scorpions, Govotidia, Tringfish, Barbirds, Koutsomoures, Magicia, as well as dolphins and sea turtles. Even if you have not already enchanting sponges and starfish will not leave you indifferent. More generally, a dip is enough to persuade you! Only to choose the location, with the lighthouse, the arches and Alcatraz are excellent choices. And if nature is not your item, then you might win the British Minesman H.M.S. Regulus (J 327), which sank during the Second World War open by Sivotia Thesprotia and is one of the shipwrecks at the diving community from the Ephorate of Antiquities.
• It is a good solution for both food and cocktails especially the sunset.
• Visit also the abandoned village of Krimahas and the village of Polyeri (Kastro Koutsi). “If you prefer a car / machine, follow the road to Perdika and after Perdika when you reach the top of the hill, turn left to Polyneri. Park the car / machine in Polynereri and follow an uphill route about 1 km to Briefs, on foot. • Leading from Sivota to Perdika, just before turning right to Karavostasi – Arillas and then near the sea level turn left to Karavostasi, before you reach the beach, left on a bridge and straight as the end of the road, you get to another A defined path that leads to the top of the Dyrookastro Castle. If you do not have a mood for hiking you can turn left and follow the road around the hill until you find another road on your right, leading up. In any case, you will be rewarded with a spectacular view of Paxos in Corfu and Antipaxos who are elaborately the Ionian Sea. The space covers a total of 22 hectares, so make sure you have a bottle with water with you before starting exploration.
• Riding in Sivota.