Malathre Castle is located near the village of Mursi, at the foot of Miles Mountain on a not very high hill in a round and bare shape. In 1930 Ugolini and later Marconi visited him for the first time. The first archeological excavations were carried out in the same year. It is dated to Cen. IV-III BC to Cen. III-IV pas.K. The first period: with square plan 15 x 15 m with central courtyard 8.50 x 8.50m, four towers with dimensions 5×2.50 m at the entrance to the center cut with a length of 1.40m. The second period: with a quadrangular plan of 35 x 34 m and 1.50m. The fortress occupies an area of 1200 square meters. The walls of the castle are built with large stone blocks, in the shape of a parallelepiped, with dimensions ranging from 0.86 x 0.40m, up to 1.30 x 0.50m. These are well worked on the side faces, while on the front ones they come bloated, kiss quite well with each other and are placed in the dry, in regular horizontal rows. The wall thickness is 1.20 m. The two towers on the west side are better preserved than the other two. The wall thickness is 1 m, built in two rows of blocks placed in an orderly manner. In recent years, the walls of the southern and western towers as well as the entrance gate of the Castle have been damaged. It has never been restored. Needs restoration.